I find myself having to advice and guide people on the type of products they can buy for their hair and I thought, hey why not start a hair products guide series and list accessible products in South Africa! So I will start with deep conditioners.
In my opinion, deep conditioning is the most important step in caring for your hair. It gets quiet confusing when you get to the store and have to differentiate between a moisture deep conditioner or protein or even instant and I feel that it is my duty as a hair blogger to have some sort of guide that can assist you the next time you visit those hair isles
Moisture deep conditioner will have words like Moisture, hydrate, nourish, softening and so forth. For me, a deep conditioner is something that you have to let sit on your hair be it 5 minutes or 50 minutes as long as you have to allow it to sit for a while.
With that said, here is a list of moisture deep conditioners you can buy for your hair
- Aunt Jackie’s in control- Clicks R69.95
- Dove Advanced Hair series: Pure care dry oil treatment mask- Clicks, Dischem R83.95
- Dove Nutri Oil Mask – Clicks, Dischem R64.75
- Clicks Hair Rescue Intense Nourishment treatment- Clicks R42.95
- Dr Miracles Conditioning treatment Pack (3 Sachets)- Clicks R76.95
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Nourishing Repairer (Avocado and Shea butter) – Clicks R69.95
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Sleek Restorer (Coconut oil and Cocoa butter) – Clicks R69.95
- Hask Deep conditioning treatment Maccidamia or Monoi or Argan oil (Sachets)- Clicks R54.95
- L’Oreal Ultra Riche Intense Nourishing Mask – Clicks, Dischem R179.95
- L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary oil Nourishing Mask – Clicks, Dischem R67.95
- Oh so heavenly Hair Scensations Weightless Prohealth treatment mask – Clicks R59.95
- Pantene ProV intense moisturising Mask – Clicks Dischem R74.95
- The Body Shop Rainforest Hair Butter Moisture oil – Clicks R140
- The Curl Company Deep conditioning curl masque – Clicks R199.95
- Touch of Silver Intensive treatment conditioner- Clicks R79.45
- Argan Hydrating Hair Mask-Dischem R72.95
- Nature’s Nourish Hair Mask Hydrating – Dischem R49.95
- Afro-botanics Deep penetrating moisture conditioner – Game, Clicks or their website R90.00
- Afro-botanics (Black Pearl) Hydrating conditioner – Game, Clicks or their website
This is just to name a few! There are many more out there that you could try out. Please note that this is not a review, Some of the products I have not used and I am not promising on the product performance this is merely a guideline and these are the prices at the time that I did the research for this post and are subject to change.
Other than that, I hope this post will help you to find your perfect deep conditioner! remember this journey is all about trial and error.
If you know any other deep conditioners that are not listed above, please leave them in the comment section below or if you have tried any let me know how you like it.