My friend Dudu asked me to relax her hair! I without a second breath said YES. I have relaxed someone else before but I was in my teens so this was my first time relaxing someone else since starting my journey. You can imagine how excited I was!!
I must say, the experience is much different when you are relaxing someone else! I fully enjoyed myself! Here is a bit of background info on Dudu’s hair:
[su_list icon=”icon: heart-o” icon_color=”#9e3c79″]
- She is 4/5 months post.
- She had a pixie, coloured cut.
- The back and sides were completely natural (she had cut them low fade)
- The top long part was relaxed and blond with yummy new growth which grew out black
With that to work with you can imagine how excited I was… I will summarize the steps I took during the process otherwise I have put together a Video for you guys of the process YAAAAAY
Relaxing Dudu’s hair
- I gathered everything that we will need for the relaxer
- Applied olive oil on her relaxed hair
- Mixed the relaxer to activate it
- Started applying in sections starting with the virgin hair going forward and ending with her hairline
- She wanted her hair bone straight so we sat with the relaxer for the recommended time
- We then rinsed and nuetralised (lathered 5 times)
- Applied protein treatment and left it on for 45mins
- Applied heat protectant
- Blow dried till 80% dry
- Applied leave in’s
- Continued blow drying till dry
She flat ironed and the overall results were amazing!
Here is a video of the process and also which products were used and pictures of her hair. Enjoy!!!
Please don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my YouTube channel 🙂